- Note, Homophone Note, Word Explorer
|part of speech:
||a basic law or belief on which action or behavior is based.
Our country's laws are based on the principles of liberty and justice for all.
- similar words:
- belief, law, regulation, rule
||code, constitution, foundation
principle or principal?
is a noun that means a basic idea or belief. Principal
is an adjective that means main or most important. It is also a noun that refers to the person in charge of a school.
- A principle of democracy is One person, one vote.
- His principal responsibility at work is sorting the mail.
- The principal made an announcement to the students.
The words principle
sound alike but have different meanings.