- Word History, Word Explorer, Word Parts
|part of speech:
||ignored, ignores, ignoring
||to refuse to recognize or fail to take notice of; pay no attention to.
She ignored me at the dance.
- discount, disregard, neglect, overlook
- address, adhere, consider, obey, recognize, watch
- similar words:
- avoid, disobey, evade, shun, snub
||boycott, breach, excuse, miss, scorn
comes from a Latin word that means "to not know."
The word ignore
contains the following parts:
that means not, without
cogn, cognit, gnor
that means know, knowledge
- gnos, gnosis, gnom, -gnomy