Monthly Archives: July 2013
uhn ihk sep shə nə bəl
without flaw or fault; beyond objection or criticism.
example: She believed her fiancé was a man of unexceptionable character.
example: Though the student seemed bored and undisciplined in class, the work he handed in was unexceptionable.
definition: a record of personal experiences, reflections, or daily events.
example: While aboard ship, he kept a detailed journal of each day’s events.
definition: a newspaper or other periodical publication.
example: It was an honor to have her article published in one of the most respected journals in the field.
aen tI sə peIt
1. to look forward to; expect.
examples: We anticipated a pleasant outing in the country.
She anticipated being blissfully happy in her marriage, but she was disappointed.
2. to expect and prepare for in advance.
example: We anticipated the enemy’s attack.
3. to accomplish or fulfill in advance.
example: You’re lucky to have someone caring for you who anticipates your wishes.
1. the part of a human or animal between the hip and the ribs on either side of the body.
2. a piece of meat cut from the flank.
3. any side or a part found on the extreme left or right.
example: the right flank of a military formation.
1. to be positioned at the flank of.
example: In the photograph, my father is flanked by his two brothers.
2. to go around the flank of, as to attack.
definition 1: a line diagonal to the grain, especially that of a woven fabric.
example: Cut the fabric on the bias.
definition 2: an inclination or preference that influences judgment; prejudice.
example: The report showed a strong bias in favor of the factory owners.
example: The decision reflected bias on the part of the judges.