The Lookup History feature records every dictionary entry a user has recently looked up. Going back through your recent Wordsmyth searches is a great way to keep track of words you’ve learned or inquired about. Forget what a word means? Know the definition but not the word? Check your Lookup History!
View Lookup History
You can access your Lookup History from the “My Wordsmyth” menu. To view your Lookup History from a dictionary entry:
- In the Lookup History box on the right-hand side of the screen, you will see the last five words you’ve looked up.
- Click “See more” at the bottom of the “Lookup History” box.
Lookup Search Features
To make finding old lookups easier, Wordsmyth offers search methods. You can search for words you’ve looked up by checking your searches during a specific time period, looking for the word itself, or finding words you’ve looked up on a specific date.
Search By Time Period
You can review your Lookup History over a period of one day, one week, or one month, as well as over your entire search history. If you’d like to browse words you’ve searched over the past week:
- Go to “Show words looked up” and click the dropdown menu
- Click “last 7 days”
- Click “Find”
Search By Word
To search for a specific word you’ve looked up:
- Go to the “Find a word or date” search bar at the top of the “Look-up History” screen.
- Type in a word.
- Click “Find.”
- The specific word will appear alphabetically in a list of your recently searched words.
Search By Date
If you’re looking for words you’d looked up on a specific date:
- Enter the date you’d like to search in a month/day/year format (i.e. 05/15/19) in the “Find a word or date” search bar.
- Click “Find”
- The words looked up on the date you entered will be displayed in the list below.
Words searched by date are displayed in descending order.
Clear Lookup History
When you use the dictionary frequently, you will accumulate searched entries quickly. This makes finding old searches difficult, so it’s helpful to clear your Lookup History sometimes. To do so, click the [Clear] link on the right side of the screen.
All registered users have access to their Lookup History and search tools. But a free registration only goes so far. Subscribers can search their entire Lookup History at any time. Why not subscribe and make the most out of your Wordsmyth account?
Until next time, Happy Wordsmything!