Category: Word of the Day
In de lə bəl
1. incapable of being removed or obliterated; permanent.
He was still tortured by indelible memories of the war.
2.making or leaving a permanent mark.
In tər ste lər
existing or occurring between or among the stars.
The word interstellar contains the following parts:
inter- Latin prefix that means between, among
stell Latin root that means star
synonyms of stell: astr, aster, astro
In ihk stre mis
in extremity (Latin); under extreme circumstances or at the point of death.
“The eyeballs had rolled up and back somewhat, as they mostly do when a hound is in extremis.” (A.J. Dawson, Jan, a Dog and a Romance)
ihk stre mih ti
1. the farthest reach or point of a thing.
The extremities of the field were marked by a fence.
2. the greatest degree or utmost extreme.
At that moment, they felt the extremity of fear.
3. (usu. pl.) the parts of the body extending from the limbs; hands and feet.
Blood circulation in her extremities is rather poor.
4. a condition of extreme danger or distress.
He didn’t understand the extremity of the situation.
ihk stri mihst
1. a person who takes a radical stand and encourages radical action or thinking, esp. in politics.
The extremists wish to destroy the republic and bring about a return of the monarchy.
2. a person who is a member of an organization that advocates extreme acts or policies.
of or pertaining to extremists or extreme actions.
Extremist factions are eroding the party’s popularity.