Category: Word of the Day
to crouch or cringe in fear.
The boy cowered before his angry father.
for tih tud
strength, endurance, and patience in the face of adversity or temptation.
Nurses on the battlefield endured the horrors of the war with great bravery and fortitude.
sam nə lənt
1. falling asleep; sleepy or drowsy.
He should not have been driving in his somnolent condition.
sael veI sh@n
1. the act of saving or the condition of being saved from sin or evil; redemption.
He had led a life of crime, and it was a loving woman that brought about his salvation.
2. protection or deliverance from harm or difficulty.
The liberation of the camp by allied forces led to the salvation of the inmates.
3. something that has the effect of saving or protecting from trouble or harm.
My new job was my salvation.
puhr kə leIt
1. to cause (a liquid) to trickle or pass through something porous, such as a filter.
2. to trickle or move slowly through.
The excess fluid percolated the soil.
3. to brew (coffee) by filtering hot water through ground coffee.
1. to pass slowly through a filter or other porous substance; filter through something.
2. to brew in a coffee percolator.
The coffee percolates quickly in this pot.
3. to be or become active or lively.
This office is finally beginning to percolate.