Category: Word of the Day
vI tri ol or vI tri əl
1. sulfuric acid.
2. any of several metallic sulfates, such as copper sulfate or zinc sulfate.
3. a very biting or harsh quality, as in criticism, or language having such a quality.
The losing candidate’s concession speech, far from being gracious, was dripping with vitriol.
mI skri ənt
an evil, villainous person; wrongdoer.
- The miscreant was caught and punished.
evil or malevolent; villainous.
He’s been arrested several times for miscreant behavior such as vandalism and robbery.
His sister, Darlene, has taken on a new leadership role within the hacktivist organization, using her newfound respect to build their army of miscreant engineers and unleash new attacks around the city. http://www.polygon.com/tv/2016/7/14/12187108/mr-robot-season-2-premiere-review
faek to təm
one employed to do a wide variety of tasks.
After I gave up my dream of being an actor I got a job for five years at ParamountPictures in the 1980s working as a highfalutin factotum in the marketing department for an executive vice president… (Kevin Sessums, I Left it on the Mountain: A Memoir)
1. a brief written or musical sketch, or brief film scene, that describes or characterizes a person, incident, situation, or the like. The little book is a collection of vignettes describing each small town the author visited as she traveled through France.
pae nə rae mə or pae nə ra mə
1. a full, wide view of an extensive area.
Then the young warrior stretched his arm before him, as if to point out the glories of the scene at that witching hour, when the whole panorama, as usual, was adorned by the mellow distinctness of early morning, sweeping with his hand slowly over lake, hills and heavens. The girl followed the movement with pleased wonder, smiling as each new beauty met her gaze.
2. a picture or pictorial presentation of such a view, presented to the viewer one frame or screen at a time.
3. a representation or survey of an extensive subject or of a long series of passing events.
a panorama of medical history.