Category: Word of the Day
gae rə ləs
1.given to talking excessively.
He was in a hurry this morning and hoped to avoid his garrulous neighbor.
2. exceptionally wordy; verbose.
That garrulous introduction was unnecessary.
unwilling to agree or obey; stubborn; perverse.
Her froward children would not sit down to dinner if the menu was not to their liking.
1. to put oil or ointment on.
The Egyptian mummies were anointed with perfumed oils.
I will now anoint myself with my new, expensive suntan lotion.
2. to confer high status or sacredness on by applying oil, as in a religious ritual.
The queen was anointed before being crowned.
The priests anointed him king.
3. to confer high status on or name to an important role.
The media have anointed her the Republican frontrunner.
fe rəl or fi rəl
1. existing in a wild natural state; not domesticated.
The sand cat is a feral cat that lives in desert areas and can survive in extremely hot temperatures.
2. having reverted from a domesticated to a wild state.
Some wild boars are actually feral pigs.
3. of or like a wild animal; predatory; savage.
She came at him with a feral gleam in her eye.
dih skre shə neI ri
to be used according to one’s own judgment or decision.
discretionary income; discretionary spending