Category: Word of the Day
fI lə gri
1. intricate, lacy ornamental work made of twisted metal wires or pierced metal, as in jewelry.
2. any intricate, lacy pattern or form.
To ornament the pillow, she embroidered a filigree in purple and gold thread along each edge.
1. a period of rest, esp. from something difficult or unpleasant.
She needed a day of respite after spending so much time tending to her mother in the hospital.
2. a temporary reprieve from a death sentence.
During his respite, he wrote letters to his wife asking for forgiveness.
i ti a lə ji
1. the medical study of the causes of diseases.
2. the cause of a disease or physical disorder.
We can not cure a disease unless we know its etiology.
3. the study or designation of causes, causation, or origin.
to annoy or irritate; vex.
By the slight frown on his face, it was clear the decision had peeved him.
a cause of irritation or annoyance.
The new rule was a peeve of everyone whom it affected.
ə sI ju ihs
1. persistent and unremitting; constant.
A stricter law against drunk driving was brought about by assiduous campaigning on the part of citizens.
2. persevering and tireless; diligent.
These assiduous scholars produced a vast body of work.