Category: Word of the Day
1. in the military, a core group of experienced personnel who can set up and train a new unit.
2. a group of trained people who can get new projects and organizations started.
A cadre of scientists was selected to begin the moon-landing project.
juhr m@ n@l
1. of, concerning, or like a germ or germ cell.
2. of, concerning, or at a rudimentary level of growth or development.
The proposal is in its germinal stages and will not soon be ready for submission.
1. carelessly unconventional or disreputable, sometimes appealingly so.
Two raffish sorts sauntered into the rustic tavern, wearing well-made Italian suits.
2. low-class or common; cheaply gaudy; vulgar.
“It was perhaps the raffish green imitation-velours Homburg hat which did most to alter Dick Bellamy’s aspect.” (Ambrotox and Limping Dick by Oliver Fleming)
reI lə ri
good-natured ridicule or a remark featuring such ridicule; teasing.
He received much raillery in the locker room after he admitted that he was in love.
ihn vaI ə lə bəl
1. absolutely not to be violated or profaned.
The brothers made an inviolable agreement never to tell what they saw that day.
2. incapable of being harmed, as by attack.
On its high rocky hill, the castle was inviolable.