Category: Word of the Day
haI haen dihd
arbitrary and domineering in action or manner.
We refuse to go to war on the basis of one general’s high-handed decision.
1. the human soul or spirit.
The minister was concerned more about her psyche than about her current difficulties.
2. in psychiatry, the mental makeup of a person.
Concern for others forms a large part of her psyche.
3. in Greek mythology, a beautiful girl who was loved by Eros.
one who has or pretends to have high intellectual and cultural interests and tastes (often used disparagingly).
He enjoyed Shakespeare and daytime soaps equally, so he could not be called a highbrow.
ar mə ge dən
1. according to the New Testament, the place where the final, decisive conflict between good and evil will be fought.
2. any mighty, decisive battle.
1. slightly windy.
These breezy spring days are great for flying kites.
2. lighthearted or carefree, sometimes carelessly or inappropriately so.
It was just a breezy conversation with nothing serious being discussed.
She was offended by his breezy remarks about homeless people.